What does Optimus Prime have to do with hiring?
Well … Optimus is a good guy and a great leader… just like our guest, Behfar Jahanshahi!
In this episode we discuss hiring, servant leadership, consulting, and growth. Behfar also shares one of his secrets to success. Spoiler alert; it’s simple, but most companies are totally missing the mark.
Behfar Jahanshahi – Founder and CEO of Interworks
- [00:30] Intro to Behfar and InterWorks
- [03:03] Optimus Prime
- [06:44] InterWorks – the early years
- [09:58] The first customers
- [12:40] Scaling and Hiring
- [17:43] Resisting headcount growth
- [21:27] “The best work for the best clients with the best people”
- [22:35] ‘Hell yes’ hiring
- [33:35] The chaos of consulting
- [37:20] Organic growth through service oriented consulting
- [40:08] A different take on sales
- [43:48] The art of services
- [47:20] Episode summary
- [49:00] Parting thoughts: persistence and consistency
- [51:30] Episode Outro