Beliefs play a critical role in our decision making – and the quality of our decisions really drives the impact of our work.
The core thesis of Henry’s book is that we focus too much on process when we should be focusing on ourselves and others as decision makers.
In this episode, we dive deeper into Decision Making and review:
- What it takes to be mindful and robust
- The importance of leading by example
- How to shift the focus of your team back to the foundations of mindfulness, openness to change, and psychological safety.
Henry Latham – Agile Coach, Head of Product at Scribe, and Author of “Why Your Startup is Failing”, available June 2019
- [00:59] ⭐ We focus too much on process and we don’t focus on ourselves as decision makers
- [02:00] Key factors of Success = openness to change, honesty, psychological safety
- [02:41] The quality of our decisions drives the impact of our work
- [03:05] Mindfulness
- [03:55] ⭐ Psychological safety
- [05:10] What it takes to be mindful and robust
- [06:05] Bringing your team back to the basics
- [07:32] Leading by example
- [10:00] This book is for change makers
- [10:40] Summary of the book by sections
- [11:40] How to get in touch with Henry